The Content Strategist will develop content strategies based on clients’ business objectives in collaboration with Account Managers and/or Strategists. This person will be instrumental in the development of marketing strategies and will oversee all content requirements. They will be responsible for creating the deliverables for these strategies, which will require the direction and management of some freelance copywriters at times.
This person will often be in charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars, style guides, and brand documentation as our relationships with clients grow and evolve. Additionally, this person will perform content audits and content maps, and should be comfortable with how content integrates with SEO. We may look to this person to advise the team on content best practices.
The Content Strategist will work directly with an Account Strategist or Manager to achieve success for their clients; it is unlikely a Content Strategist will manage clients alone, but it’s not out of the question. The Content Strategist will report to the Vice President but will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and Account Strategists to ensure that all project timelines are met. Additionally, the Content Strategist will often work closely with the Creative Director and other members of the Creative team to create deliverables.
This is not an entry-level position. We are looking for a candidate who can juggle the brands for many clients and who will be comfortable working with clients and other team members to create marketing strategy. This person should be capable of creating high volumes of marketing copy while staying focused on the marketing objectives.
Waypost thrives on referrals from satisfied clients; the Content Strategist directly influences the client’s willingness to say good things about his or her experience with our firm, or to leave dissatisfied and detract from our shared success. Excellent account service will result in wider and deeper client relationships. The health of these relationships not only advances the agency’s mission, but also creates growth opportunities for Waypost team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strategic engagement with strategists and account managers to provide high-level marketing recommendations
- Create and execute content strategy for Waypost clients. This includes but is not limited to:
- Blogs and other long-form content
- Ad copy
- Social media copy
- Video scripts
- Manage and direct freelance copywriters
- Perform content audits, create content maps, and implement other high-level content-related tactics to achieve clients’ business goals
- Assist and empower clients Account Strategists and Account Managers to achieve success for their clients
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to produce deliverables
- Become a Waypost and HubSpot process expert
- Execute content plans proactively in order to meet schedules, performance, and budget goals
- Stay informed about marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit
- 5+ years of proven experience as a content strategist or content manager
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing comprehensive marketing campaigns, creating and managing editorial calendars, or other related experience
- B.S. degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies (e.g. online tools and social media)
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot is helpful
- In-depth knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements
- Proven relationship building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with digital marketing developments and best practices
Apply using the form at the bottom of this page.
Freelance Graphic Designer
We’re looking for an independent graphic designer to partner with us in developing original graphics with high visual impact for our clients. This position will require 4-8 hours of work per week. Work does not need to be completed during normal business hours as long as final deadlines are met.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Mastery of graphic design software
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Ability to work within established brand guidelines
- Great multi-tasking skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills
Applicants must include their resume and a link to their online portfolio. Applications without either of these items will not be considered. A graphic design (or similar) degree is preferred but not required. Consideration of applicants will be primarily based on the strength of their portfolio.
Waypost is looking for a driven and talented individual to join our marketing team. Here at Waypost, we produce quality work for many clients and we want an intern to participate and experience the different stages of digital and inbound marketing.
This intern should be prepared to work with a group of highly-energetic people who love what they do and want to share all of their knowledge with them! You will get real-world experience and be fully educated in the world of inbound marketing.
Interested in joining the Waypost team?
- We do great work!
- We empower and support each other.
- We believe in flexible work schedules. No keeping track of sick pay or vacation days around here.
- If you work here, you become part of the family.
- We have a lot of fun together.
- Check out our culture code for the full scoop (see the fancy infographic on the right).
Our focus is not on the next sale. We are not a website factory churning out sites all day and moving on to the next one. We help people grow their businesses. Our clients are long-term partners with whom we work closely in order to help them reach their goals.
At Waypost, you will not be just a cog in the machine. You will matter. The work you will do will matter. The gifts and skills you bring to the table will matter. Any flaws you might have will be opportunities for growth and development. The direction you want to grow in will matter.
It's an exciting time for us right now! We are looking for talented, passionate individuals to bring onto our team. If you think that Waypost sounds like the kind of place you would be a great fit for, fill out our form below! Even if we don't have the job you're looking for right now, a need could arise at any moment—we don't want to miss out on you!